Sunday, December 17, 2006

FACT Camp

It is the annuaL YF camp again! yeah.. too bad I attended 2 out of 4 days due to my other commitments such as hall training!! I waS trEmendOUslY BLeSsed man. the experience was AwEsome. I made a number of new frens and most importantly i had the opportunity to really Love PeOple. On Saturdae, the groups were actualLie sent to different HoMes to do communitY work! it is part of oUr LoVe oUtreaCH to peOplE not just around US but also those who're slightly more misfortunate and old. LOVe is indeed a decision and a CHoiCe that requires us to step out of our comfort zOnE. It is this act of LoVe tHat will reallie break down strongholds, barriers and bondages and set people free.

My group was assigned to BethANy NuRSing HomE. It was superb experience. A long time since i did 'community service'. When we went there, the old folks were all gathered in some Hall waiting for us! A service was held where there was singing of Carols and preaching of JeSus's Love. There're awkward times where we were required to go around shaking their hands and tell them some hokkien words.( can't rem wat was it...) It reallie touched me when i see the smile in their faces! Especially when the youths lyk us were singing hokkien songs. Although we didn't even know how to pronunce the words properly, I can see tt they felt loved. They clapped along and raised their hands worshipped JeSus. During the preaching, i was impressed by some of their faith, when they were asked questions lyk 'Who will deliver you from your troubles?'(in hokkien) ... some would shout 'Ia-SoH' means JeSuS. Totallie awesome. After everything, i had the chance to push some of them back to their respective wards. I tried to communicate with them as much as i could with my limited HokKien VoCab. not very fruitful but everytime i see the smile on their faces, every handshake tt went forth, my heart is strangely warmed... PraIse God. indeed more than words...


It was SatuRday night when we had our last night games or rather my first.. haha.. It was a ShAG gAMe.. had to carry this 'paralytic' all the way and find some 'doctors'.. was a fun game!! my group though we were the SMALLEst group we came in first for that game. TotaLLie awesome for me.. especially tt i juz came and 'helped' my group won.. as least contribute sth.. haha.. The people in my group were reallie funnie.. very enthusiastic throughout the game.. Everyone just wanna finish it together. there was just SO Much Love shaRed abroad in our hearts which i believe is a very good start for the younger ones cos i'm the second oldest in the group. Got to know each other better and was juz so memorable for my 2 days.! thanKS SImEoN!! =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home